Those candidates are admitted in this college who are selected through entrance test, conducted by Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) for Three Year Diploma in two disciplines of Engineering viz. Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering. The application forms have to be submitted online through BOPEE websites www.jakbopee.org and/ or www.jakbopee.net usually in the month of February -March every year and the entrance test is conducted tentatively in the month of April-May every year. The Selection and Admission Process finishes before 15th of August every year.
The entry qualification for all the courses is 10th pass with Science, Math and English having 40% marks for open category and 37% for the reserved category students. There is no age limit prescribed for the admission.
Whenever students are selected for Diploma Course, the following procedure is adopted for getting admission :
- Information Brochure / Prospectus / Admission Form are provided to the students from Admission In-charge.
- The filled in Admission Form along with the following original documents is to be got verified from the concerned Admission committee of the Institution.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Marks Certificate of Matriculation (10th).
- Scheduled Caste/ Backward/ or any other Category Certificate on which basis selection has been granted.
- Eight Passport size photographs.
- PRC / State-Subject Certificate.
- Discharge /Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- The Admission Form after verification along with certificates & requisite admission fee (to be deposited directly in the Bank on pay in slip issued by this Institution ) .
Reservation Policy - The reservation of seats in the Government Polytechnics shall be as under:
Reservation in %age
|1||Open Merit (OM)||
|2||2.1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||
|2.2.1||Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||
|2.2.2||Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||
|2.2.3||Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||
|2.2.4||Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||
|2.3||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||
|2.4||Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) *||
|3||Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) (over and above intake capacity)||
Document Retention Policy - As per the Instructions of SBOTE the original documents are not retained by this office. The original documents are returned back to the students after checking the same .Self attested documents of the students are retained and after counter attestation by this office send to Secretary, State Board of technical Education (J&K) for registration of the candidate.